Pages

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Japan.

It's quite crazy to think that I have been in Japan for 3.5 weeks. I've done quite a lot since then, which I plan to retroactively write about in the next few days. Just to pick out a few, I have visited Tokyo several times (Akihabara, Ikebukuro, Harajuku...), spent time in a cat café (nya nya), done ohanami (cherry blossom viewing), eaten an unnatural amount of rice, lamented at the prices (particularly of fruit and vegetables) and seen several beautiful temples and shrines. 


I'm living in Saitama prefecture, which is the region just above Tokyo. The area I'm in is basically a commuter town, and it's mostly families and older people here. The university that I am attending, Dokkyo, is only two stops away on the train, but I have bought a bike to cycle in as it's only about 2 miles. At first I was the cycling equivalent of a deer learning to walk but things are generally getting better, and I'm saving a lot of money. And it's healthy, of course.

In the next few posts I will write about some of the things I have already done/seen.  I realise that it has been 2 months since the last post; now I have settled in and have a routine I will definitely be keeping up with my target of 2 posts a week. There are so many things to write about, after all ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment